WGM Stage 2+ Tuning package for BMW Mx40i equipped with the B58 Engine (340PS model)
An impressive 140HP with 130LBFT gain can be seen from this must-have package! Our Road and Track proven ECU software calibration takes the Mx40i to another level boasting up to 480HP
This package is designed for those seeking an improved soundtrack to their engine while picking up some extra horsepower also, Turbo spool and low-end response will be dramatically improved from the free-flowing downpipe. For those wanting to retain road legal (MOT) status, we advise a sports catalyst is required, otherwise, for optimal gains, a decatted downpipe is installed.
As standard for the downpipe, we offer the Enhance Performance 102mm tapered catless downpipe due to their superior quality and manufacturing process here in the UK. These are unrivalled with fully back purged TIG welded products which also look as good as they are made! Optional downpipes include Wagner catless, Sports cat 200Cell .
The limiting factor at Stage 2 is the fuel pump/fueling capacity of the standard fuel pump, For this plus stage, we are able to increase boost levels in the mid-range to yield massive torque gains over the stage 2 level. Optimising this set-up with the air flow of the stock turbocharger will also release more peak horse power also. The fuel pump that is installed is from a later B58 model, known as the TU pump.
With this tuning package, there are a few options;
– High flow air filter drops in place of the standard paper filter into the standard airbox, we offer a K&N filter or Pipercross for this application.
– Cat-back systems (creating a turbo back) will allow maximum exhaust flow breathing capabilities while improving the exhaust note even greater, with a few options to suit all tastes and budgets.
– A highly recommended complementary upgrade for the Automatic 8 Speed ZF gearboxes also includes a Gearbox tune (TCU) from xHP – there is a £50 deduction as part of the package deal. Read here for more information.
This package includes the following:
- Roading Road (Dyno Session)
- Before and After Printouts
- Full data logging Session to ensure correct running
- Labour to install optional extras
- Enhance Performance Catless Downpipe
- Labour to install the downpipe
- Labour to install the fuel pump
- Developed ECU Calibration Software, which also features
- Sport displays rescaled to suit higher outputs
- Overrun / Decel feature (optional)
- Boost / Ignition Optimized
- AFR Optimized
As our ECU calibration software is not Generic, we can carry out custom bespoke requests if required, just ask!
+ 100-140LBFT (500-540LBFT)
Note – Results are based on running High Octane Fuel, Either Tesco 99 or Shell Nitro, any other fuel is deemed substandard, and the results will be lower. Higher torque levels are advise for cars with LSD’s installed.
This is an in house service offered at WGM HQ only. For more information on our tuning guide, click here